Friday, January 21, 2005

Cleanse, Fold, Manipulate

Hello there all, or, in this case, none of you. Being that this is my first time here and, certainly, your first time here as well, we're going to set up some ground rules:

1) This, despite the title, is not a place to gather and talk about goth issues, the goth "lifestyle," or the trials and tribulations of being goth in a cruel, uncaring and far too colorful world. In fact, although I'm wearing a black shirt at the time of this writing and do generally prefer cloudy days to sunny ones, I neither identify with or participate in the goth subculture (although I enjoy a handful of the bands--more on that later). Those who may've happened upon the above title thinking that may be the case, I apologize and can sort of understand the confusion. Off with you then.

2) This random corner of the limitless internet has nothing to do with Skinny Puppy, the (literally!) growling and scary industrial/performance art band. Sorry, the title might seem perfect for such things, but I'm afraid that isn't the case--although they do fall under the umbrella of the bands I alluded to above. Still, although I enjoy some of their music and may speak well of them from time to time (anything's possible), this goofy little sounding board was not inspired by or intended as a homage to their brilliant and storied career.

3) However, this space is intended as a spot where I'm liable to sound off on just about anything and fling it uselessly into the ever-lovin' void (the title makes more sense now, doesn't it?). Everything, that is, beyond the useless minutae or personal ramblings that can plague these diary devices? Do you want to hear me mewl about "Why oh why doesn't ___ love me?" or "Yesterday I found a cracker underneath my pillow. I think the demons are talking to me again." I don't want to write that and, frankly, you probably don't want to read it. Except for the demon part. I'd probably read the hell out of something like that.

Other than than that, read, enjoy, don't exist, whatever you feel like doing, My Happy Audience. Thank you and enjoy your evening. More later. Or not, you never know do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home