Monday, April 03, 2006

pay the fiddler

Hiya,
Sorry about my silence the last couple of days, things have been, shall we say, getting in the way of my sitting here at my monitor and spilling out whatever I've been listening to of late. Planning a big event--biggest of events so the magazines would have you to believe--isn't easy, and as I've been saying a lot it doesn't matter if it's 35 people or 3500. I don't know how event planners do it, people like Jennifer Lopez in that funny funny movie with Matthew McConehghaehy or whomever it was basking in her ever-lovin' glow.

(smell that? that's sarcasm.)

Anyway, little time today and even littler space in my brain that's not consumed by "who's sitting here? what song is playing when? will people dance to 'if I should fall from grace from god' by the pogues?" But, at the end of it all, it's going to be a great day, and that's rain or shine, tablecloths or no, flowers or pinecones.

"Flesh Balloons of Tibet," by Sun City Girls

This...is a little like I feel right now. Not bad, not at all, just a little off., partly fueled by this headcold of sorts that makes my skull feel like a helium balloon. This isn't much of a 'song,' at least as you or i know of it (it's not even 2 minutes long), but it is a stream-of-consciousness rant that's one part creepy, three parts crazy, and at least a part and a half funny. I have a weakness for the sound of the unhinged, and Sun City Girls (none of whose members are, by the way, female) are most definitely that. Like some guy wandering the streets sporting a dangerous combination of a handful of acid and a handle full of whiskey (thank you, A!), you're not quite sure what to make of these guys or their song. Or maybe it's not that complicated. Just the sound of someone sitting calmly on a stool and emptying their vaguely twisted brain and seeing what people think. Just like this.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you feeling any better now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home